Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Live With Passion

Sorry I haven’t been posting lately. I thought I had set up some scheduled posts, but that didn’t happen. I could try blame blogger but I'm fairly certain is was user error. So, I had to go through all of the posts and update any outdated info and hope to get about 4 posts fixed shortly.

This card is for a person who helped me though a difficult time the past few years. I was fortunate to have them in my corner for sound advice and support. Unfortunatley their assoication with me put them in a position to be attacked by the same parties trying to control me. Thankfully all has been put to rest and we are both able to finally turn our attentions to living honest and joyous lives without added drama. I thought the sentiment and image were appropriate considering all we've been through.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Taylored Expressions Sketch #136
Color Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 49 ~ Opposites Attract
Use 2 colors that you don't usually use together (or even like together) as the dominant shades. While I LOVE purples, I'm not into oranges and yellows.
Inspiration
CASE Study Challenge #35
Find Inspiration from the Muse for April, Silke Ledlow
Silke's card inspired me with the large image panel layered over the base, the brads and a botanical image.
OWH Challenge ~ Layers
Totally Stampalicious Challenge ~ Keep it Simple
I seldom do such a large one layer main panel and, egads, can you see I didn't use any glitter or shine?
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #90 ~ Bright and Bold
Stamping Vacation Watch This Challenge ~ Little House on the Prairie
The grasses against the sun silhouette make me think of the prairie.

My Creation
Image Detail
The sun was created by using a circle punched scrap on yellow cardstock and then sponging orange ink. The grasses were stamped after the sponging.
Distressing the word oval and adding a paper pierced border almosts creats a faux leather look.
Ins and Outs ~ Live With Passion
Stamps: SU Inspired by NatureTechniques: Spotlight, Paper Piercing

Paper: SU CS
Ink: SU
Accessories: SU Punches; Brads

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Spectacular sponging! Amazing card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cat this is absolutely beautiful those grasses look great and so love the colours a super card
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer