Thursday, June 3, 2010

Girly Grad

Still working on graduation cards. My local high school's colors are Gold and Black (hope you don't get tired of the theme). The colors don't seem that girly to me, and that's what I need. For this card I used layers of flowers for softness. I added S.E. (the high school abbreviation) and the year (10) as my 'image'. I didn't have black letters (these are felt sticker letters), so I used my Copic to change the green and red to black. The S (red) is darker than the others, but I think it just adds to the charm. I saw a great idea, but don't think I'll have a chance to use it. Someone (sorry I can't remember who) made a graduation card that said SENIOR on the front. They'd used numbers (1 and 0) for the I and O (and lower cased the other letters) so it showcased the graduation year! sen10r....trust me, this looks much better on a card or scrapbook page than in type.


Inspiration
Saturday Challenge #85 ~ Buttons and Blooms
Die Cut Dreams #50 ~ Celebration with a Number
Cupcake Craft Challenge #93 ~ Summer Delights
The bright yellow makes me think of summer, as well as graduations. School's out for summer!
Charisma Cardz #22 ~ Flowers
Little Red Wagon #31 ~ Altered Embellishment I altered the color of my felt letters.
365 Cards Day 58 ~ Crazy 8’s use at least 3 different items in quantities of 8
I've used 8 buttons, 8 flowers (each bloom is double layered) and 8 squares (again double matted for the 'image' base).

My Creation


Inside
I can't believe I haven't used rub-ons for sentiments before. They are SO quick and easy!
Ins and Outs ~ Girly Grad
Stamps: None
Paper: The Paper Studio, DCWV Spring

Ink: 100 Black Copic

Accessories: Primas, Buttons, Felt Letters, Ribbon, SU Rub On

10 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww you are so sweet..look at you trying to catch up LOL Awesome card..Love how the black looks on the bright yellow. Thank for playin hun :)Check back tomorrow for the big winner.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat - this is fabulous@! I am so glad you decided to play catch up!! Love the colours and those gorgeous flowers - they are go much fun! What a great feel your card has! Love it! Thansk for playing along - I look forward to seeing more!
    Linda MMSC Deisgn Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea to colour the felt letters! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great colors! Love your take on this sketch! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs
    Gunn
    MMSC GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you rocked Day 58's challenge girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super graduation card and gorgeous colour combo Cat, your floral detail is awesome.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely idea for a celebration card, love the ribbon wrapped corners and the decorated inside too

    Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week.

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely card and perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer