Monday, June 7, 2010

Video Grad

I spent the weekend helping our nephew, JR, celebrate his high school graduation. Dear hubby volunteered us to bring deviled eggs to the party on Saturday. Unfortunately, his schedule didn't allow him to be at home to help. I was up L-A-T-E Friday night working on 7 dozen hard boiled eggs, washing hubby's (and my) laundry, packing our overnight bag, and tending to our cat herd. About 2 am, I realized I needed to finish his graduation card. He loves the cards I make and has saved them all. How sweet! I wanted it to be personal and had the idea for over a month. The eternal last-minute-Cat that I am, means I didn't put that idea into creation until the wee hours of morning.

In the end everything turned out wonderfully. In case you wondered, this is what 7 dozen eggs looks like halved and the innards 'devilized'.

I didn't get them scooped on my own. I packed everything into the cooler and coerced dear hubby into helping before the party Saturday afternoon. He's very creative in the kitchen and took part of my mixture aside to mix with a few mashed avocados. The sleep deprivation made me forget to take a photo (the green filling was a bit odd), but they were a hit! Saturday started out rainy but ended sunny and cheery for the end of the party - the pinata was so much fun to watch. Graduation was Sunday afternoon and I managed to stay awake in the hot gymnasium to cheer for JR as he walked across the stage. Our pride easily outweighed our fatigue. Can't wait to see what life has in store for this incredible young man.

I'm late with my One Stop Craft Challenge DT card, but I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge. Just create your own Designer Paper on your card and link it up here by Friday, June 11. I created personalized designer paper for JR's card on the computer. Stamping isn't the only way to make your own DP - get creative.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch #56

Color Inspiration
Inspiration
One Stop Craft #83 ~ Make Your Own DP
Hand Full of Stamps #30 ~ Hats Off to You
Rainbow Lady’s Challenge #106 ~ Faces
Stamp Something Challenge ~ Digi I LOVE Mo Manning's digi images.
365 Cards Day 95 ~ It’s So You Create a card that is a reflection of yourself. This represents me with the coloring technique - I love using my Copics and Mo's images are SO fun to do. I also included lots of personal touches for my nephew. He knew the moment he opened the card that it was from me.
Simon Says Challenge ~ Male Card or Father’s Day

Real Life Inspiration
That's my dear hubby and me bookending our handsome nephew. It was a 'bit' windy and humid, please excuse the crazy cat lady hair! LOLI added the graduation cap to Mo's image. I knew as soon as I saw this image it would be perfect for JR. Whenever we visit dear hubby and JR spend hours playing video games.

My Creation


Image Detail

Inside
I used my peronsalized paper to line the inside.
Ins and Outs ~ Video Grad
Stamps: Video Boy (Mo Manning)
Paper: DCWV, Computer Generated

Ink: Copics (E21, 30, 50; C00, 1, 3, 5, 7; R22, 24, 29), Spicas (Sand, Buttermilk, Silver, Lipstick)

Accessories: Pop Up Dots

Techniques: Hat was paper pieced from a different image. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Cat-what a cool card. I can so totally relate to the video game thing. I have all boys and that is just about all they do!!! lol My son graduated from college Friday night with his BS degree!!! So we had graduation too!!! Love your card...it is awesome. I am sure your nephew loved it. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat - what a fabulous card - I love the look on that 'dude's face - I have seen that look many a time! Love your DP and the colours - you have played along with the sketch so well! Your card is fabulous and LOVE to see the photo of you - I love to put a face to a name!! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for the challenge. Thanks Cat for joining in this week Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous....i love this image and your colouring is supberb! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wauw this card is just amazing. love everything about it. Your coloring is fantastic.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card , Thanks for joining us at One stop craft Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a great card!!! that is a wonderful image, just like boys!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
    trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer