Friday, June 4, 2010

SEN10R GRAD

As I was trying to find my Mojo last night for graduation cards, I decided to CASE Jen del Muro’s cool idea to incorporate the number 10 into the word senior. (I mentioned it yesterday and finally remembered where I’d seen it). I needed one more card, this was at 2 am, and I realized if I didn’t CASE the idea now, it would be 100 years before I could do so again. So, I dove in. It must have been the lack of sleep, but I was able to find so many challenges to guide me on my Mojo quest.
Sketch Inspiration ~ 2 Sketches 4 You #53

Color Inspiration
Beach Colors: These colors make me think of multi-colored beach balls and sassy bikinis.

Inspiration
Totally Stampalicious Challenge ~ TV Show Inspiration (Ugly Betty is one of my favorite shows. The overall feel of the DP made me think of early Betty’s fashion and colorful personality.)
Paper Take Weekly Challenge ~ Fun Fun Fun
365 Cards Day 92 ~ Tissue Paper
TIP: Keep all flame away from tissue paper. I know, this should be common sense. A trick I learned for ribbon edges (especially grosgrain) is to ‘seal’ the ends by running them over a flame. I don’t always like to tuck my ends under the paper (creates a bump) and I’m too cheap to run it all the way behind the base or layer where no one can see it. Try as I might to cleanly trim the ends, there’s always a bit of fray. I keep a lighter in my crafting tool box and just touch the flame to the ribbon end and it ‘melts’ just enough to tame the fray-aways. However, if your ribbon ends are adjacent to tissue paper, this isn’t a good idea. If you look closely, you’ll see a few ‘singed’ areas on the green tissue. It was nearing 3 am when this happened and I was too tired to start from scratch. Just an added ‘feature’.

My Creation
See how the numbers represent the letters?? Or did my bleary eyes deceive me in thinking this was a good idea?

Inside
Ins and Outs ~ SEN10R GRAD
Stamps: None
Paper: DCWV Spring and Citrus Stacks

Ink: None

Accessories: SU Ribbon, The Paper Studio Stickers, Tissue Paper, Royal EZ Rub On Alphabet, Lighter

6 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to include the number 10 as part of the sentiment! Great use of the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, smarty pants! This is fabbie! Love the colors! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever creation; I am glad you didn't burn the house down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way of interpreting the challenges and such lovely colours too!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the colors!!! it's a great Grad card!! Thank you for playing with us at the Dare!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer