Friday, July 23, 2010

CAS Scrap Card

This card is SUPER quick, easy and simple. As my previous post stated, there’s a new blog on the block, Photo Synthesis Challenge, and part of their goal is to promote projects that use mostly recycled or re-purposed materials, to encourage us all to use what we have better, and to be more eco-friendly by following the motto "Use it up, Wear it Out!" For my card I dug into my scrap bucket (I know we all save those pieces we just might use someday) and challenged myself to only make a card using what I could find in the bucket (other than the base). Amazingly, it wasn’t that difficult, especially using the great inspiration I’ve noted below.
Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #53


Color Inspiration
S2G Twisted Thursday Challenge #66 ~ Orange and HOT
My card is definitely orange, and only the HOT summer sun can help the flowers grow.

Inspiration ~ Photo Synthesis DT Call Challenge Blog
This is a sample of how you can use colors and theme (flowers) to create a clean and quick card.

My Creation


Ins and Outs ~ Oops
Stamps: The bad part about using your scrap pile for a card is you probably won't remember where everything came from . I'm fairly certain all the supplies I used were from Stampin' Up.

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely.. You are so cool to still link up your cards to the Midnight Madness blog.. I love coming to see you. Can't wait to see the next one. Love the buckle on this one. So are you caught up yet? just wondering ;)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy and colorful card! Great use of the sketch! We should all challenge our self more to use those scrap-papers - I will add the link to this challenge to the CDAC. Thanks for sharing!

    Mvh
    Gunn
    MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cat - I am glad you managed to play along - what a committed player you are! I love this card of yours, the colours and the DP are gorgeous! Your buckle is divine too - love your work! Thanksk for sharing Cat and for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little card, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, thanks for playing at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Cat! Thank you for joining us this week for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls. Be sure to check in tomorrow for another fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer