Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream and Sparkles

Wahoo! I was included with this awesome group at Colour Q for this card. It’s an honor to be a member of the colourQ Courtiers. I always get a happy grin when I’m reading my blog roll and get surprised with one of my creations or name listed on someone else’s blog. Wahoo!

Today I’m sharing a card from an SU card kit. We’ve been having some hot weather in MN and quite a few t-storms. Nothing like an ice cream treat to cool things down. I love the clean lines using heat and stick to apply glitter and always forget to use it. I tend to just make a mess with my glue stick. This works so well for solid images PLUS it’s dry once you set it. My other glitter go to are Stickles and I can’t count the number of times I’ve smudged my card by accidentally touching the drying Stickles. Maybe if I leave my heat and stick out, I’ll use it more. Hmm, it’s more likely that I will just lose the jar on my jumbled desk.

Inspiration
365 Cards Day 130 ~ Ad Inspired
I went with the sugary sweetness of this inspiration photo.
365 Cards Day 143 ~ What’s Cooking (something related to food)
My Creation

Ins and Outs ~ Strawberry Ice Cream and Sparkles
Stamps: Sweet Scoops (Stampin Up)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Riding Hood Red

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink

Accessories: Heat n Stick, Dazzling Diamonds, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Square Punch, Checkerboard Texturz Plate

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cat this is fabulous I love the look of that ice cream looks delicious and your CAS style is lovely thank you so much for sharing this with us this month at Sir Stampalot.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so yummy!! love all the sparkle :) hope you get cooler weather soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer