Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chicks with Inkpads Guest Designer - ME!!

Oh My! It happened (sort of). I’m not a ‘real’ Design Team person but I was asked to be a guest designer at Chicks with Inkpads for this week. Okay, to be honest I played along with their challenge last week and they ask their favorite 5 submitters to be Guest Designers the following week. And yes, there were only 5 submissions. Who cares, it’s as good as when my mom won Runner Up Dairy Princess (out of 2 entrants). It’s still a dream come true! Here’s what I was given as my inspiration. I could create anything I wanted based on some element in the photo. I was so excited (and inspired) I created FOUR cards. I even ‘forced’ Eddie to look at it and give me his thoughts.
Card #1

Ins & Outs ~ Muchas Gracias Inspiration: The cactus made me think ‘southwest’ and I stuck with the basic color palette. Stamps: Inkadinkado clear stamp set Paper: Papertrey white, DCWV Ink & Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (R81, RV14, E31, E37, B41, YG03)Tools/Embellishments: Nestabilities (ovals, squares, scalloped ovals & squares), SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Cloud 9 Tickled Clip, Stickles, Squiggly Eyes, Pop Up Dots

Card #2

Ins & Outs ~ Baby Girl Inspiration: Eddie and I both thought of butt cracks when we first glanced at the photo. LOL. The pots have that rounded shape and the slit in the middle, well, you get the idea. This was the only 'butt' related stamp I could find. Stamps: Little Cupcake (Inkadinkado) Paper: Papertrey white, DCWV, Silver/white wedding favor coaster Ink & Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (R81, RV14, E00, YR00, B41, BG10, C1)Tools/Embellishments: Nestabilities – Scalloped Circles, Stickles, Paper Flowers, Jeweled Brad, Spiral Clip, Pop Up Dots
Card #3
Ins & Outs ~ Ice Cream Inspiration: I actually wanted to do a gumball theme with the colors, but time was limited (there are a LOT of gumballs to color) so I opted for ice cream. It’s kind of sherbet-ey, isn’t it? The chocolate has gloss added; some of the paper is glittery and the cherry is glittered, so it’s very sparkly in real life. Stamps: Sweet Treats (Stampin Up) Paper: Papertrey white, DCWV Ink & Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (R29, R81, RV14, YG03, YG06, BG10, B32, B41, E49, Y11), Spicas (black, clear) Tools/Embellishments: Stickles, Glossy Accents (on chocolate and glass), Brads, Pop Up Dots
Card #4
Ins & Outs ~ Egg Inspiration: Probably my most literal interpretation using the shapes and colors from the inspiration piece. The eggs are glossed to add dimension and sheen (just doesn’t photograph well). Stamps: LOL Taglines (There She Goes) Paper: Papertrey white, DCWV Ink & Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (R29, R81, BG10, B41, B32, RV14, G21, YG03) Tools/Embellishments: Nestabilities – (Ovals, Scalloped Ovals, Labels Large – I adjusted the cuts to make small rectangles), SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Glossy Accents (on eggs), Brads, Pop Up Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer