Monday, March 22, 2010

Mini Flower Card

This is another card from a recent card class. I did my flower a bit differently than the sample (it was ‘fringed’ layered petals). I really like the distressed and crumpled look, and the flowers are SO easy to create. Punch out various sized circles from scraps, ball up in your fist (great for any aggressions), unfold and further distress by peeling up the edges of the layers. I added SU chalks to each layer, but you can’t really see the subtle shading it gives in the photos.


Inspiration
I was inspired by the round nest and colors in the photo.
Day 12 ~ Circle Frenzy (Include 20 or more circles from at least 2 different sources on your card)
There are lots of circles in the designer paper I used for the backround (the center of each mini flower) and the flower is made of a stack of 4 circles.

My Creation

Image Detail

INS AND OUTS ~ MINI FLOWER CARD
Stamps: None
Paper: All Stampin Up Cardstock and Designer Paper
Ink: None
Accessories: SU Pastels on flower pieces, SU Button, SU Chit Chat Rub-ons

5 comments:

  1. wow, this is very pretty, I luv the flower.....have a wonderful week...I am offering a blog give away, check it out if you have time!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh!! LOVE your flower and fabulous colors!! Thanks so much for joining us in our CCEE challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation! Love the flower.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I LOVE this card! Great flower and the colors are so joyous!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the flower, especially that pretty button center! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer