Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paper Pieced Monkey for Nora

I really love this stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.

This is my second card using Cool Monkey and this time I let him smile. My dear Nora turns 4 – TODAY – and is often referred to as a monkey because of her antics. She’s the middle child and her mom will agree that she’s the ‘wild thing’ of the family. I’m heading out this evening to help celebrate the big day. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).

Sketch Inspiration ~ Charisma Cardz #30

Color Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 156 ~ Ad Inspired I pulled out the greens, reds and cream from the photo for my card.

Image Detail I paper pieced the monkey’s hair, face and eyes. I thought the teeth looked a bit odd in tan so I used my white gel pen to fill them in. I could have pieced them as well, but was to lazy to dig the stamp pad out again. :o)
INS AND OUTS ~ Paper Pieced Monkey for Nora Challenges: Charisma Cardz #30 365 Cards Day 156 ~ Ad Inspired Stamp Something Challenge ~ Paper Piecing Stamptacular Saturday Challenge #18 ~ Child’s Play Stamps: Cool Monkey and Baby Love (Simon Says Stamp) Paper: DCWV (Animal Crackers), PTI White Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spicas (Black), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials)
Accessories: DCWV Safari Kids Sticker, SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Pop Up Dots

2 comments:

  1. What a fun little monkey! Love the cute papers too! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call my little boy my little monkey too ; ) Luv how you brought him to life. THANK YOU CAT!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NORA!! Does she like younger "men". Tee hee...
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer