Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reindeer Noel

The lovely crew at Simon Says Stamp is having a DT Call. I'm a long time fan of all of their blogs and love to play in their challenges; may as well toss my name into the hat. :o) The theme this week is Coffee and Cream. While I am a huge coffee addict, I opted to go with a color interpretation of the theme, with a bit of mint tossed in.

Use 2 stamps, only partial piece of images. My reindeer and postmarks are 'half' on the panel.
Stamping Vacation When I Grow Up Challenge ~ Mailman
The set is called Winter Post and the panel includes a postmark image.
Simon Says Challenge ~ Coffee and Cream
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge ~ Embossing
Corrosive Challenge #105 ~ Distressing

My Creation
Image Detail
I tried to add 'frost' with my Stickles, but I think my I grabbed the wrong 'clear' bottle as there's a bit of green sparkle to it. Since it's a Christmas card and the base is green, I thought it was an unexpected twist...in a good way.
Ins and Outs ~ Reindeer Noel
Stamps: SU (Winter Post, Many Merry Messages)
Paper: SU (Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso)
Ink: SU (Early Espresso, Sahara Sand)
Accessories: SU (Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Spiral Border Punch, Metallic Brad, Ribbon)
Techniques: Embossing, Ink Distressing

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the When I Grow Up Challenge - Mailman at Stamping Vacation. These reindeers are so lovely....like the touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge this week!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Cat :-) I love this image ,, the reindeer are stunning and I love the green stickles !! that looks fab ,,, a happy accident !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer