Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baby Elephant Card

This card was supposed to be posted last night for the awesome Midnight Madness challenge, but day 8 of work in a row took it's toll and I crashed instead of blogging. I've got 4 more days until a day off but couldn't stay away from blogland tonight. This was a super quick and easy card, perfect for a baby shower. The pink heart gem was an afterthought. I tried to use a Spica to add a bit of glitz to the image, and forgot they don't work well with water based inks. The heart from the image bled a bit, so I got creative with a cover-up.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch #119
Inspiration
My Creation
Image Detail
Ins and Outs ~ Baby Elephant Card
Stamps: SU Baby Steps
Paper: SU CS (Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush, Basic Grey), SU Lap of Luxury DP
Ink: SU Concord Crush
Accessories: SU Scallop Edge Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. Fab card Cat!
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! that might just be the ♥CUUUUTEST♥ baby stamp in the entire world! what an adorable card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely, Cat. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those elephants. A super card, love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super embossing and my favourite colours too. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that elephant (no, I don't have it, yet) and the colors are great, too! And congratulations on the wonderful SAVE! It's all about the embellishments, no? :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! Great colors and I love the little heart button!
    Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable! I love the heart gem!
    I am a new follower from SOS.
    Marie
    http://craftelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Cat, gorgeous card, i love the elephants! Thanks for joining us for the Ellephantastic Challenge this month.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer