Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Masculine Birthday Madness

I am always in need of masculine birthday cards. One would think that would push me to make more of them. I often struggle with them so I thought I'd really challenge myself by trying to use Halloween colors! Thankfully, there was lots of inspiration out there to help me along. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Week Sketch #21
Color Inspiration PaperMakeUpStamps Weekend #2 Challenge (Black, white, orange and purple) Copic Creations Challenge #14 ~ Coloring Black Images This little bear was a bit tricky to color black. I futzed around quite a bit before I was accepting of my image. This is definitely a true coloring challenge for a novice Copic user. Inspiration Cute Card Thursday #83 ~ Candy Corns (Use candy or something sweet) What’s sweeter than birthday cake? House Mouse Challenge #52 ~ Year in Review: Pick a previous challenge (Masculine) I opted for combining my favorite challenge (birthday cards) with one of my most challenging (masculine cards). 365 Cards Day 153 ~ Tag, You’re It We were to use a journaling box/tag on our cards. I had a sheet of journaling stickers from Stampin Up and cut one down for the handwritten sentiment. 365 Cards Day 228 ~ The Same But Different (use the same patterned paper but in different colors) The background ‘squares’ are from a SU DP pack in matching patterns.
My Creation
Image Detail Bear Detail I used 4 shades of grey to come up with my black bear.
INS AND OUTS ~ Masculine Birthday Madness Challenges: Midnight Madness Week Sketch #21 PaperMakeUpStamps Weekend #2 Challenge (Black, white, orange and purple) Copic Creations Challenge #14 ~ Black Cute Card Thursday #83 ~ Candy Corns Candy or something sweet House Mouse Challenge #52 ~ Year in Review 365 Cards Day 153 ~ Tag, You’re It 365 Cards Day 228 ~ The Same But Different Stamps: Gruffies I Dream of Cake (Stampabilities), Handwritten sentiment Paper: DCWV, Neenah Solar White, SU Designer Paper Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (C1, 3, 5, 7; BV00; R11; Y15, 17; YR04, 21), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials) Accessories: Pop Up Dots, SU Journaling Sticker

2 comments:

  1. wow your coloring is always so fantastic! love the cute bear dreaming :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer