Friday, September 10, 2010

Fluttering For You

We're nearing the end of the challenge at One Stop Crafts, and I have 2 final cards to share with you. This card was created from an element (the butterfly panel) that I'd created a few months ago and it was just waiting for a card. I thought it fit in perfect with the photo challenge I'm hosting to honor my mom's memory. She was certainly a butterfly lady.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch #31

Photo Inspiration ~ One Stop Crafts Challenge #96
I used the butterfly as inspiration and a bit of the orange.


Color Inspiration
InStyle Photo Inspiration Challenge #3
I pulled the accent colors from the bedding - teal blue, orange, white, and the circle pattern.
365 Cards Day 184 ~ Opposites Attract
The challenge is to use your favorite color (blue) and your least favorite color (orange) in similar dominance.

Inspiration
365 Cards Day 156 ~ Card Recipe #2
4.25x5.5 Card, 3x3 patterned paper (I used a 3 inch circle and cut it in half, Stitching (faux around the edges of the circle), 3 rhinestones, 2 Buttons, Sentiment, 1 stamped image (there's a label stamp on the orange circle behind the butterfly)
365 Cards Day 193 ~ Tools and Techniques
Favorite tool to add color (patterned papers) fav technique to add dimension (embellishments – buttons)

My Creation
Image Detail
Ins and Outs ~ Fluttering For You
Stamps: SU verse (unknown set)
Paper: SU, DCWV Mariposa Stack, Bazzill Marmalade Blast

Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Gold Marker

Accessories: Circle Nesties, SU Butterfly Die, Misc buttons and rhinestones, pop up dots

1 comment:

  1. Orange isn't my favorite either, but you totally made it work on this card! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer