Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Dad’s a Tool


Hello! I’m taking a break from seasonal cards to share a Dad card. This is a fun way to be creative with your stamps; often the image can resemble a letter. In this case the tape measure is rotated to form a ‘d’. I’m going to use this as a Father’s Day card, but it could just as easily be for a birthday or other special dad moment.

Thanks for looking! Spicey Cat Chick =^..^=
masculine card with a tie on it – does my ‘tied’ knot count?
use a quotation and image that fits it, my quote ‘love beyond measure’ certainly applies to my dad
My Creation
Image Detail
 

Ins and Outs ~My Dad's a Tool
Stamps: SU (Totally Tool, Any Alphabet) 
Paper: SU (Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Grey, DSP) 
Ink: SU (Real Red, Daffodil Delight); Staz On Jet Black 
Accessories: SU (Ribbon, Brads, Punches: 1”, 1¼”; Neutral Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter)

4 comments:

  1. This is cool! I have never looked at my stamps that way before but am going to go through my stash now! Thank you for sharing! Thank you for linking up and playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad Challenge : ) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an imaginative card Cat, just love the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for my For Men Only challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Love the tape measure as the d's in dad. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat - what a great idea to turn stamps into letters ... must look at my collection and see what "letters" I actually have! Love the colours you've used too. Thanks for joining in last week’s challenge at The Crafty Pad, and I’m sorry I’m late in commenting … life kind of overtook me!
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer