Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Using the Negative


Wahoo! Finally a technique for crafters like me that save EVERYTHING! I usually keep my negative pieces from die cutting to use as scraps for small punches, but this card FEATURES that negative space. I made the front of my card a complete negative, so the image is actually positioned on the INSIDE. Of course, a girl has to add a bit of ribbon and a flower to finish things off.

I need to remember to use this technique more often. I’ve seen some super cute creations in blog land. 

Thanks for looking! Spicey Cat Chick =^..^=


My Creation
Image Detail
Inside
Inspiration

Ins and Outs ~ Stamping Up Window Birthday
Stamps: SU Apothecary Art
Paper: SU (Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla) 
Ink: SU (Garden Green, Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Real Red) 
Accessories: Punches, Framelits (Labels Collection)

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love the pretty image, the die cuts, design, ribbon and flower! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing our Dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love that the inside is finished off with the neg! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer