Monday, October 4, 2010

Congrats to the One Stop Craft Challenge ~ #100

I’m SO late with my DT posting for our big celebration over at One Stop Crafts. It’s our 100th challenge this week and the theme Chrissie chose for everyone is ‘CONGRATULATIONS’. I’ve had a chaotic week, remember when I mentioned we are ‘fostering’ 3 itty bitty orphan kitties? Well, they are still in the house and I fear will become permanent members of the herd. With Mr. Gears on the road all week, I feel like a single mom with triplets! Here’s a peek at part of what has been keeping me so busy. Here they are from left to right: Rosa (red spot), Pancho (orange) and Maya.
 
I managed to make my card, but had a different ‘C’ word stuck in my brain, ‘Celebrate’. They are pretty interchangeable and there was no time to redo my card before the deadline. Why, you ask? Well, in addition to itty bitty kitty duties, it was the weekend of the CIRCUS!!! WAHOO!!! Mr. Gears is a proud member of the Zurah Shrine and it was circus weekend in Minneapolis. He’s an official member of the local Funsters group (clowns) and this was his second circus as a performer. I was SO excited to share the fun as I missed it last year. We were blessed to see several good friends at the shows and are already excited for next year’s event. Here’s a few pics of my sweet Mr. Gears.

He was one of the medics in the skit they performed (he's in the lead).
Here he is taking a break from autographing programs to pose with a good friend.

Okay, now you know what I've been up to, let's get on to the card! I hope you can come and play at the OSC and you could win a prize from one of our AWESOME sponsors, Robyn’s Fetish or DewDropz.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Paper Take Weekly Challenge
 
My regular readers know how much I LOVE purple. Add some spots of SPARKLE and I’ll be smiling all week!

Inspiration
Moving Along with the Times #66 ~ Fairies or Fantasy
The Paper Variety Challenge #3 ~ The Sky’s the Limit
Be inspired by the sky, something you might see in the sky, etc. My card is inspired by the sparkly stars (in the background paper) and sweet fairies who are always flitting around just out of our eyesight.
Stamp Something Challenge ~ Celebrate Something
My Creation

Image Detail
Ins and Outs ~ Purple Fairy for OSC 
Stamps: Fairy (Robyn’s Fetish)
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, DCWV Once Upon a Time
Ink: Laser Printer; Copics (V93, 99; BV0000, 000; E21, 30, 31, 33, 41, 50, 93)
Accessories: Stickles (Lavender, Diamond); Vellum Verse; Misc Gems; Pop Up Dots

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty.. love your color choices too! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Glad you had time to play with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, WOW this is a stunning Fairy and just perfect for us this week over at MAWTT. Thanks for playing Along with us, I love the Pictures too. WOW Those Kittys look like a LOT of fun and hard work. Love the Circus pics too. Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and whimsical!!
    Thakns for playing with us at The Paper Variety!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the kitty pictures!! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card... always great to see Butterfly Spiral in use.. and in such fantastic colours.

    Nikki x
    DewDrop Craftz
    OSCC Sponsor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer