Thursday, October 28, 2010

Medallion Halloween

I fell in love with the SU Medallion stamp the first time I saw it. It can be used for any season and thanks to the help of my SU friend, is now perfect for a Halloween card!

Sketch Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day #179 ~ White Space


Inspiration
My Creation
To get this cool color effect, ink up your stamp with the main color (in my case Tangerine Tango); then take a marker (safe for stamps I used SU basic black) and randomly scribble color over the main color. Stamp on cardstock and VOILA, the mold effect! Okay, I don't know the real name of the technique but it kind of looks like mold growing on cheese.....um...maybe it's my color palette. :o)

Image Detail

Inside
Ins and Outs ~ Medallion Halloween
Stamps: SU Medallion, Batty for You, Nizzy’s Art Factory Digi Verse (inside)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango

Ink: Staz on Black, Tangerine Tango

Accessories: SU Circle Punches, SU Ribbon, Wiggle Eyes, Yellow Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is just THE COOLEST! I would never have thought in a million years to use that medallion! Guess I know what's going in on my next order! :) Thanks for sharing your fab idea!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and so creative!! Thanks fro sharing it with us at PTW this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! That little spider is awesome! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic creation . Love the layout! Cute lil spidey. Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge over at SV. You now have an entry towards 4 digi images from Stampin' Dragon & a $15.00 gift cert from Papertrey Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer