Thursday, July 30, 2009

House Mouse Sketch and Triple 365-er

I’d been doing such a good job keeping up on the House Mouse & Friends and 365 Cards challenges until mom went in the hospital. It felt good to get back into things just a bit. I'm behind on both blogs, but I'll try to make them up as I go along. I love to combine challenges but try not to combine several from the same blog in one card. It can be tricky over at 365 Cards since they post a new challenge each day. There's no way I'll get all of July's done in 2 days, so I broke down and combined 3 of their challenges into one card. One day I will stay current with their challenges. In May I'd completed them but had my time zone confused so I was late with my final post. In June I actually had everything in on time, but they missed my name for the monthly shout out. I'll need to really step it up if I want to complete a year's worth of challenges! Okay, on to my card. I had this image already colored in my stash and just added a bit more Spica and some Diamond Glaze to create ‘glass’. I tried a non-standard fold and closure for a bit of the unexpected. It took a bit of brain power to translate the sketch into the side-tie close, but I think I did okay. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Inspiration 365 Cards Day 152 ~ Peek-a-boo to You: Create a fun Flap 365 Cards Day 125 ~ It’s a Snap (Use some sort of closure on your card) 365 Cards Day 58 ~ Something’s Fishy My Creation The ribbon wraps all the way around the card (I used a smidge of liquid glue in a few spots to hold it in place along the edges and back). The main panel is raised on pop-up dots so the ribbon can slide beneath.
Image Detail
Inside
INS AND OUTS ~ House Mouse Sketch and Triple 365-er Challenges: House Mouse & Friends #48 ~ A Sketch 365 Cards Day 152 ~ Peek-a-boo to You: Create a fun Flap 365 Cards Day 125 ~ It’s a Snap 365 Cards Day 58 ~ Something’s Fishy Stamps: House Mouse ~ Something’s Fishy (Stampabilities), All About Birthdays (H&M Stamps) Paper: DCWV Green Stack, PTI White, SU Wild Wasabi Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (C1, 3, 5; E00, 04, 31; Y15, 21; YR21, 65, 68; YG63; R29, 81; B21; BG20), Spicas (Pink, Orange, Silver, Clear, Gold).
Accessories: Diamond Glaze, Pop Up Dots, Ribbon (S A B I S – Snips and Bits I’ve Saved)

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!!!! but then that is one of my favorite HM stamps.......great job, purrrrrfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this!!! cute kitty and awesome how you made the fish bowl! you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...excellent card! Love the fish bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cute card! I love the image and that you added crystal effects to make the fishbowl look so real. Fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer