Monday, July 27, 2009

You Make the Flowers Smile

I’m slowly coming back into the world of stamping. My mom has finished her radiation treatments and is starting chemo. Unfortunately I had to return home since I’ve run out of time off from my work place. Ugh. I won’t be able to be quite as craft dedicated as I was a month ago, but hope to escape a few times a week to release some stress. Crafting is the PERFECT outlet for me. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun). This card uses an exclusive Simon Says Stamp set called You Make the Flowers Smile. I used a bit of Flower Soft on the image which is also available at SSS.

I have to say that Heidi is one of the most kind hearted crafters/business women I’ve met since I’ve started my craft blog. She’s been brave enough to take me on as one of her Design Team members and was so supportive of me during my absence the last month. With the economy the way it is, I’ve had to really budget out my crafting dollars and am a bit picky about who receives them. If you feel the same, I can assure you shopping with Heidi at Simon Says Stamp will lift your spirit. She has the best products, prices and shipping rates on all the popular stamps (Magnolia, Stampavie, House Mouse, Penny Black, My Favorite Things and on and on. Plus she has the best accessories and shipping rates. The best part? She actually cares about her ‘people’ (Design Team, blog visitors, challenge participants and customers). Hopefully you’ll take a moment to visit her shop, blog and challenge blog.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Stamps, Paper, Glitter #19

Color Inspiration From Courtney’s Closet #50 The Pink Elephant Challenge #21 ~ Favorite Color Combo I LOVE purple and green together and use it whenever I can. I love that Courtney’s shirt had these colors so I could play along with her as well!

Inspiration 365 Cards Day 144 ~ You Raise Me Up (incorporate at least TWO ways to add dimension) I used Flower Soft for texture and dimension as well as pop up dots and brads.

My Creation
Image Detail I love all the texture in the card with the cardstock, flower soft and brads. Oooh, looks like the kitty hair is a bonus!
INS AND OUTS ~ You Make the Flowers Smile Challenges: Stamps, Paper, Glitter #19 The Pink Elephant Challenge #21 From Courtney’s Closet #50 365 Cards Day 144 ~ You Raise Me Up Stamps: You Make the Flowers Smile (Simon Says Stamp) Paper: DCWV Latte Stack, Neenah Classic Natural White Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (V93, G40, C1) Accessories: Pop Up Dots, Stamping Up Ribbon, Misc Flower Brads, Heather Flower Soft

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I don't care if you're late for the challenge, I'm still thrilled to see your card :) Love that flower soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow ! another fab card using the same set !! Gorgeous !! Love all the flower soft ! Beautiful :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I scrolled down, i saw the stamp set...cute...then the flocking powder, gorgeous...I was getting so excited I could hardly stand it. Then BAM! Wonderful card for the FCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your pot of flowers, it's soooo pretty! Thanks so much for playing my challenge again, I was so happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer