Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My First Whiff of Joy & a Few Tips

I am so excited to actually OWN a Whiff of Joy stamp (I’ve had a few images in my stash from swaps) and had a very tough time picking one out from Heidi’s inventory over at Simon Says Stamp. I’m an avid reader and ‘auntie’ to several little girls who also enjoy reading, so this sweetie jumped out at me. I’ve really missed participating in Pricilla’s Midnight Madness challenges. I made 2 cards last night using her sketches and hope to have them posted by the midnight deadline today. Unfortunately, I won’t get to show you cards (yet) with the other 2 July sketches. I plan to still use them (they are so fun and help me think dimensionally) but will miss the DT call and July prizes. If you haven’t checked out her blog, get over there! She has an awesome DT and great sponsors – plus she’s an overall super sweet person. I was thrilled to be a random draw winner on a challenge and received the cutest packs of designer ribbon. Totally made my day! Okay, on to the card. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Inspiration 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge ~ Bling I found the bling hearts and flower at the clearance endcap in Target’s electronic section. They were sold to be cell phone accessories. I find all kinds of GREAT deals by walking through areas I wouldn’t normally shop. I get lots of my jewels as discontinued cell phone bling and can cut out individual gems as needed or use the whole piece for a fraction of the price of the same thing from the craft store. Just a little hint. High Hopes Challenge #41 ~ Sparkle and Shine Stamp Something Challenge ~ Bugs, Butterflies or Other Winged Things My reading angel certain qualifies as a ‘winged thing’! 365 Cards Day 139 ~ Try a Technique: Paper Piercing I opted to paper pierce a ‘ribbon’ for the sketch. I just marked out the holes (in pencil) and then pierced. I’ve found that even using a piercing template I still can’t punch a straight line! I saw this great tip on Jessica’s blog (passed on from her friend Deb) using your ScorPal (don’t own) and the Cutter Bee Bug (own, but it’s still in the package). Wow! I think the Scor-Pal has moved back to my #1 spot on the wish list and Slice is now #2. My Creation
Image Detail
Inside
INS AND OUTS ~ My First Whiff of Joy & a Few Tips Challenges: Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #11 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge ~ Bling High Hopes Challenge #41 ~ Sparkle and Shine Stamp Something Challenge ~ Bugs, Butterflies or Other Winged Things 365 Cards Day 139 ~ Try a Technique: Paper Piercing Stamps: Reading Angel (Whiff of Joy) Paper: DCWV Nursery Girl Stack, Neenah Classic Solar White Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (C1, C3, Y000, Y11, Y21, B21, B41, G21, G40, E00, E02, E50, E55, RV000, R11, R22, R81), Spicas (Clear, Gold, Lemon, Black, Pink), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials)
Accessories: Berry Sweet Adhesive Chipboard (K & Company), Misc Gems (cell phone bling), Pop Up Dots

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, inside and out! Love the soft colors and that sweet image. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card :) I really like how you did the hanger on this one for the sketch and your embellies are awesome. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Be sure to check out the “Refer your Friends for Freebies” going on this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet! I like the soft colors and am aiming to own some Whiff of Joy stamps soon too. :) Thank you for playing along with us at Midnight Madness.
    Michelle MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful, and I love your coloring and the dp. I somehow am making comments and they are not showing up. I swore I had commented on this. Sorry! Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will continue to play. We have such fun and exciting things coming up that you won't want to miss.

    Carolyn, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring of this adorable image is fabulous!! I love the colors and details you added. Thanks so much for playing with the MMSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading is one of my fav things to do so this card feels wonderful to me. I love this image! Great first WOJ! You did a wonderful job showcasing her. Love the way you make the main panel feel like a work of art hung on a wall. Wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and pretty card...love it. Great coloring and embellishments and fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us. Look forward to seeing your next creation!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer