Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fluttering Gertie

My mom passed on a love of butterflies to me, so this was a HAVE to have it when I saw the stamp. I'm finally getting around to creating with sweet Gertie and can't wait to keep playing!

Sketch Inspiration ~ Bellarific Friday
Color Inspiration ~ Makeup 4 for the Weekend #14
Honestly, this was my original inspiration, but the colors got a bit darker in my card. I loved the breezy blue and picked up on the ‘peek’ of green in the plant and book under the bed. I thought the colors would be beautiful feather blended together on my butterfly girl. They just got a bit dark as I tweaked them. Plus the flower decorations ‘fluttering’ from the ceiling made me think of butterflies.

Inspiration
Copic Creations #21 ~ Feather Blending Still getting the hang of this, but very pleased with the results. Here's a close up of the final coloring.
My Grafico Challenge #34 ~ Metal My butterfly in the corner is metal.
Flourishes New Release Challenge FTTC52F by Maki  We were to use our favorite Flourishes stamp (or any if you don’t have some). I don’t have any Flourishes YET, but would LOVE to win a set in their New Release Challenge. As a substitute, I LOVE Bellas.

My Creation

Image Detail
Now you can see the glittery embossed paper and shiny metal butterfly.

Inside of Card

INS AND OUTS ~ Fluttering Gertie
Stamps: Gertie (Lulu Collection from Stamping Bella)
Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, DCWV (Glitter, Blossoms & Butterflies)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (E00; C1; YG13; BG13, 15); Spicas (Pitch Black, Melon, Silver, Clear, Turquoise); White Gel Pen
Accessories: Embossed Metal Butterfly (Making Memories), SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities (Oval and Scalloped Oval)
Challenges:
Bellarific Friday
Makeup 4 for the Weekend #14
Copic Creations #21
My Grafico Challenge #34
Flutter By Wednesday #95
Crafty Creations #53
Flourishes New Release Challenge FTTC52F
365 Cards Day 333

13 comments:

  1. Love this card! The coloring is so fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card and image, thanks for playing with us this week over at MyGrafico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet!! Love the colors!!
    smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful...Thanks for joining the fun at My Grafico!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Great colours and colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! I love the colors and how you colored the image! Fabulous job on the all challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is amazing! Beautiful creation! I also love that butterfly! Great use of metal. Thanks for joining in at MyGrafico.
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for joining us on crafty creations
    this week with your beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! Love the colors, love the images and REALLY love that butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at FBW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful wings project - thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome colors and a fun image!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Very pretty - Thanks for joining us at the Copic Creations Challenge! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer