Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine in a Bottle

I’ve heard of using empty beverage containers as fun ways to mail something and thought this would be a fun way to send a Valentine to someone very special in my life. I think this would be so much fun to receive in my mailbox and am sure she'll be thrilled.

The colors, hearts and LOTS of pieces inspired my bottle filled with love.

Inspiration
Creative Inspirations #47 ~ Anyone for Leftovers? (Use scraps - all the 'fillings' in my bottle were punched from scraps.)
365 Cards Day 311 ~ Find a Substitute (Substitute a word with an image; my secret message has a heart for the word love.)

My Creation
Here's the rolled up secret message tucked in the bottle.
And a close up of the pile of punched love to cushion the note.

INS AND OUTS ~ Valentine in a Bottle
Stamps: SU Happy Heart
Paper: Scraps
Ink: Versamark, SU Real Red, SU Pastels
Accessories: Misc Punches, Empty Pop Bottle
Challenges:
365 Cards Day 345 ~ Ad Inspired
Everybody Art Challenge #78 ~ Valentine
Jacksonbelle Embellishments Tuesday Challenge ~ Love is in the Air
Simon Says Challenge ~ What’s Love Got To Do With It
Creative Inspirations #47 ~ Anyone for Leftovers?
365 Cards Day 311 ~ Find a Substitute
Cute Card Thursday #99 ~ In the Name of Love

2 comments:

  1. Wow !! what a fantastic idea ,,, I love this ,, so original and fun ,,, a message in a bottle ,,I am really smiling here ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Love Challenge :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super idea and how fun it will be for her to receive it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer