Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Spring Through The Trees

In an effort to use up my scraps instead of just tossing them into the 'someday' bucket, I opted to make a few more cards with the papers I had out. I also had a few extra Through The Trees images ready to go so this card came together very quickly.
Sketch Inspiration ~ Friday Sketchers #89
Color Inspiration ~ Spring
Like much of the country we've expirenced our fair share of snow. One of my favorite signs of spring is when the trees start to bud. It seems like one day they are just bare branched, and the next leaves have sprung to life. I used bright colors for my card and added the birds to the bare branches to signify the coming of spring. It will get here, right?

Inspiration
Only ink and paper were used here, no embellisments - egad, not even glitter!
I used some fun flowered designer papers. The yellow base actually has a tone on tone flower pattern, but it doesn't show up very clearly.
Our Creative Challenge ~ Something Old that’s New
You are to use something you’ve had in stash for awhile but never used. Well, I just HAD to buy a new set of SU Markers almost 6 months ago (there was a really great promo and I wanted a set that no one else could use) and it's been sitting gathering dust. I broke it in slightly, but just using one of the beautiful markers. I colored the birds with marker before stamping them on the branches.

My Creation

INS AND OUTS ~ The Spring Through The Trees
Stamps: Through the Trees (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: DCWV Cafe Mediterranean
Ink: Memento Summer Sky, SU Marker Taken with Teal
Accessories: None
Challenges:
Friday Sketchers #89
Your Next Stamp Challenge #10 ~ Spring Colours
Inky Impressions Challenge #30 ~ Spring
A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #91 ~ Spring is in the Air
Cupcake Craft Challenge #78 ~ Keep it Simple
Pile it On Challenge #6 ~ Flowers
Our Creative Challenge

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card ! The stamped image is so delicate and I love the papers you have chosen : the colour combo is great ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card stunning image with those adorable little birds...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at YNS Challenge!

    Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous simple creation, love it. You did a great job with our challenge this week at Cupcake

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty!! I love your colors, layout and dp! Great springy creation and design!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I love the colors and your layering! Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions have a inky dinky day! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Inky Impressions Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer