Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kitty Valentine Love

If you’ve read my blog recently, you know I’ve become a ‘bit’ obsessed with Mo Manning’s artwork. Her images just make me happy! I’m a bit of a lazy and disorganized stamper (will I ever have my studio set up?), and have found that printing out a page of digital images is wonderful for my creative process. I keep a stash of images in the same bin as my Copics. Whenever I have a few moments I’ll color one so it’s ready for a card another day. I still love my inks and rubber, but some days it’s just one more thing to have to bring out (and put back). This card was pretty quick and simple to make. I recently bought a Cuttlebug and this was my first whirl with the cute, green, sweetie. I have the Wizard system, but am just not coordinated when it comes to the ratchet system. I found the Cuttlebug so easy to use with my nesties. I guess the space on my table for ink/stamps will now be filled by my bug. :)

Sketch Inspiration ~ Sweet Sketch Wednesday #34

Color Inspiration
I veered a ‘tish’ from the color challenge by adding my pop of red. I made this for a friend who LOVES black and red together.

Inspiration
ANIMALS: I’m a kitty mom and will always lean towards feline four legged babies.
HEARTS: The Cuttlebug made cutting out my hearts so simple, I couldn’t stop! There are 17 hearts total (inside and out and including mats). I usually color my kitty noses/ears pink, but opted for read. The Stamp Simply challenge of bleeding hearts is maybe taken a bit too far, how about bleeding ears?
LOVE: Sweet kitties in love will be perfect for a Valentine, Wedding, Anniversary or just I LOVE YOU sweetie.
I cut out my image as close as I could to the ‘fur’ and popped it up on dimensionals. The background hearts are all cut out on my Cuttlebug.
It’s really hard to see, but the kitty ears and noses are sparkly red and the sentiment in the bottom corner is all rhinestones. I found them in the clearance wedding section at Michaels for a few bucks. TWENTY rhinestone ‘love’ words that were packaged to sell as wedding invitation seals. The letters aren’t connected, so I can use them individually or just cut each gem apart with a craft knife. This was my steal of the day!

My Creation

Image Detail
Are the red ears too weird? They actually kind of orange in this photo.

Inside

INS AND OUTS ~ Kitty Valentine Love
Stamps: Cat Love (Mo Manning Digital Image)
Paper: Basic Grey Ambrosia Pad, DCWV Embossed Card Base
Ink: Copics (C00, 1, 3, 5, 7); Spicas (Red, Clear); SU Pastels (Black, Grey)
Accessories: Misc Ribbon, Rhinestone, Nestabilities Hearts and Scalloped Hearts, Cuttlebug
Challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #34
Mo’s Digital Pencil Challenge 16
Basic Grey Challenge Week 12
Little Red Wagon #13
Stamp Simply #124
Hand Full of Stamps #14
Bee Crafty #23
Corrosive Challenge #49
Cupcake Craft Challenge #76
365 Cards Day 332
Your Next Stamp Challenge #8
Paper Popsicles Challenge
Flourishes New Release Challenge FTTC52B
365 Cards Day 339 ~ Love is In the Air

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet job on my sketch. Love how you colored thoses kitties. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Wonderful job! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's SSW sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is too cute. I love how you made one cat white and one gray. Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they are adorable - love the colors and the hearts but the ears make it all pop!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. This is a fantastic job. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on this! I love the rick rack. Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for our challenge! The image is so cute and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet little card and beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and SSW last week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! Terrific colors and design! LOVE the heart accenting! The swirled kitties are so adorable! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC52B!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cat, stunning layout and colours, and wonderfully coloured image.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Sheri~SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. JUST darling -- what a lovely cat image -- I just love it! Thanks much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I love this, the way you've shaded the image is just gorgeous, the image itself is a stunner

    Fab to see you at Cupcake Craft Challenge and Bee Crafty this week.
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great job with this card!!! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with HFOS.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with excellent colouring. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer