Saturday, May 29, 2010

My OSCC Debut Card - Wahoo for Hannah!

Yep, I'm still on a high for being asked to join the uber-talented team at One Stop Craft Challenge. This is my first creation as a member of the DT. The theme this week is Pearls & Swirls. How fun is that for something girly or a wedding card? I went with a baby theme as a good friend recently welcomed Hannah to their family. I managed to mix in several other challenges as there's so much great inspiration in blog land. I'd love to see you join us at OSCC.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Sweet Sunday Sketch #70
Color Inspiration ~ Creative Card Crew # 51 ~ Pink and Green
Real Life Inspiration
Timeless Tuesday #66 ~ Picture It (photo as inspiration) Meet Baby Hannah, lovingly welcomed to the world 2 weeks ago.
Inspiration
One Stop Craft Challenge #82 ~ Swirls and Pearls
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #60 ~ Pearls and Swirls
The Crafty Pad #72 ~ Over the Edge
Pile it On #20 ~ Out of the Box
I was pushed out of my box with the 'over the edge' challenge and pearls. I seldom use either option (this is my first over the edge challenge). I mail most of the cards I send so I stick to clean edges. Since I was tucking this card in a small package, I wasn't too worried about the 'over hangs' getting damaged.
Paper Popsicles May Challenge 5/24 ~ Four Legged Friends
House Mouse & Friends #51 ~ Song Title/Lyrics
Inspired by the song “I Saw God Today” by George Strait. Hannah is a true miracle baby and a true answer to prayer. I love seeing God's plan unfold in Hannah's family. Here's some of the lyrics from the song:
I've been to church, I've read the book, I know he's here, But I don't look, Near as often as I should, Yeah, I know I should, His fingerprints are everywhere, I just slowed down to stop and stare, Opened my eyes and man I swear, I saw God today
Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass, She's sleepin' like a rock, My name on her wrist, Wearin' tiny pink socks, She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes, My brand new baby girl, She's a miracle, I saw God today
My Creation
Thanks for hanging in through all the details, here's my Hannah Creation. The photo didn't pick it up very well, but I'd spritzed the pink flourish, H, and card base with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch to add to the pearliness.
Image Detail
Inside
I used a simple Stamping Up rub on for the sentiment. Hannah is a true dream come true to her parents and big sister.

Ins and Outs ~ Wahoo for Hannah
Stamps: House Mouse from Stampabilities (Monica with Pacifier and Monica with Blanket)
Paper: DCWV Luxury and Shimmer

Ink: Copics (G40, 82; E00, 31; R81; YR00; RV09, 32, 34; YG0000), Spicas (Pink, Black); White Gel Pen

Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch

9 comments:

  1. Lovely images and great card! Come back next week for more fun @ SSC! And babay Hannah is super sweet Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...such a sweet card...those 'lil mice are adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful. Congrats on your DT appointment too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, lovely image & colours, good luck. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Baby Hannah is so cute - no wonder she inspired such an adorable card. Nice to have you in the team Cat.

    Hugs,
    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is lovely to see this proudly displayed on your blog a wonderful creation I loved it when I saw it on the OSCC blog beautiful colours beautiful design for a very beautiful baby.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful card! Hannah's Mom must just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet, beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at "PIO"!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those swirls expanding the card are fabulous!!!!

    thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On!
    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer