Friday, May 7, 2010

Pins, Pearls & Pink Mother's Day Card

I always admire crafters who use Kraft paper in their cards. I’m a bit intimidated by it and am facing my fears head on. I really like how this turned out. The faux stiched flourishes are a bit hard to see in the photos, but they add the perfect extra touch. I drew the ‘thread’ with a spica pen so it’s even sparkly.

This Mother’s Day card is dedicated to Sue (Susan’s mom) and Mary (Amy’s mom). It’s an honor for me to watch my friends parent their daughters in a manner I know their mother’s would be proud of. I am thrilled to be part of all their lives and can’t wait to see the girls develop their own circle of girlfriends.

Inspiration
CCEE Stampers Challenge ~ Mother’s Day
Stamp Simply Challenge #138 ~ Mother’s Day
PaperPlay Challenge ~ Digi Image and Bling I hope my pearls and pin can count as 'bling'. I liked them better than rhinestones on the card.
365 Cards Day 55 ~ On Pins and Needles (incorporate pins as a decoration and needles for the purpose of stitching)

My Creation

Image Detail
Can you see the delicate lines creating my faux sewn flourishes? A very subtle feature. If you used a white or black ink for the lines, they'd be more dramatic. I wanted a 'soft' look. I know, kind of silly to think soft when I stuck a sharp pin on the card! LOL

Inside

Envelope
I used my scrap paper and another stamp from the PTI set to make a matching envelope.

Ins & Outs ~ Pins, Pearls & Pink Mother's Day Card
Stamps: Mum (Sarah Paris – My Grafico), Women of Life (PaperTrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Grey Two Scoops, DCWV

Ink: Laser printer, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (R000, 00; G12), Peach Spica

Accessories: Ribbon, Martha Stewart Pearls, Misc Pin & Beads

Techniques: Paper Piercing 

5 comments:

  1. this is just so pretty, love the colors you choice, and the sketch is perfect for this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! So pretty :) Thanks for playing at My Grafico this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME card girl :) love the faux flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Cat. The kraft/pink colour combo is gorgeous - and I particularly love that matching envelope - beautiful script.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer