Friday, May 14, 2010

Vintage For You

This card was super quick and easy thanks to the help of a card kit. Why is it I don't think about colors at all until SU decides to yank them? I've fallen back in love with the softness of Barely Banana. Pairing it with black is so elegant. Oh well, maybe if I actually USED all my colors, I wouldn't feel they were neglected when they retire.

Sketch Inspiration ~ CPS Sketch #166

Inspiration
365 Cards Day 71 ~ Do that Decade 1920
I'm not sure that I got this right. This card made me think of toile and soft happy colors. I thought it was another aspect of the 1920's, but maybe I'm thinking 1820's! LOL
Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge ~ CAS

My Creation
I had a heck of a time getting a good photo, so I scanned in a copy as well. The colors are truest in this pic than the next.
Here's the photo'd version showing the envelope I stamped to match.

Image Detail
I used spica pens on the flowers and leaves for some sparkle.
Ins & Outs ~ Vintage For You
Stamps: Elements of Style (Stamping Up)
Paper: Stamping Up (Barely Banana, Black, Vanilla)

Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Stampin Up (Old Olive, Barely Banana), Copics (Y000, G21), Spicas (Mint, Buttermilk)

Accessories: Brads

Techniques: Ink Distressing

3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and i love the enve to match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card! Love that floral image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blooms ... love the envelope stamping too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer