Thursday, July 22, 2010

Purses and Men

A coworker and friend of mine recently made a split with her live in boyfriend of several years. It was a situation where they were both at different stages in life and they realized they’d be better as friends than a couple. I wanted to give her a card that was somewhat light hearted, but also let her know I was here if she needs me. Even though our brains know a decision is best for us, our hearts can still hurt.

I’m so fortunate to be able to play with a completely NEW stamp set from Skipping Stones Design (so new it doesn’t even have a name yet). It’s a great girlfriend set and I’m honored to give you a sneak peek.
 
Sketch Inspiration ~ Skipping Stones Sketch #32


Color Inspiration
This week over at One Stop Crafts Challenge, there's a color inspiration challenge. It's my week off from DT duties, but the colors were so fun, I had to play along. There's still time to join us and win a fab prize.
One Stop Crafts Challenge #89 ~ Color Splash


Inspiration
KL Stampin and Scrappin Challenge #39 ~ Ribbon
365 Cards Day 109 ~ Stripes and Bold Colors with a Twist (only 4 colors)
365 Cards Day 142 ~ Beautiful Background (fill background with ribbon)

My Creation

Image Detail

Ins and Outs ~ Purses and Men
Stamps: Skipping Stones Designs
Paper: SU Whisper White, DCWV, The Paper Studio

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics (YG11, 13; RV09, 14; R24, 29; BG0000; B000, 02, 05); Spicas (Silver, Red, Melon, Pink)

Accessories: SU Ribbons

4 comments:

  1. what a fabulous 'splitting up' card :-) perfect !! the bags and the sentiment are brilliant !! I love this and am sure your friend will too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ABSOLUTELY VERY CUTE! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are right with that sentiment lol...
    Absolutley love this card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a fab card Cat. Your sentiment really cracked me up! Love it.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer