Friday, July 23, 2010

Sunflower Sympathy

I'm quite pleased how this card came out. I was pushing my comfort zone a bit - not my go-to colors and almost half of the bare card base is showing, plus I freehanded a border! Yikes, now that I think of it I'd better take a few deep breaths. LOL. Seriously, I'm thrilled with the final product. Both images were freebies at the Tiffany Doodles blog. I have a thing for sunflowers and butterflies (in fact they will be incorporated to that tattoo I keep putting off - just the $$ factor, not worried about the pain or anything else). I once again used one of the photos on the soon to be launched Photo Synthesis Challenge blog to guide me, in addition to a few other challenges.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Sketches by Tamara #128

Color Inspiration ~ ColourQ Challenge #42
I just discovered this challenge and am in LOVE! Color is my thing and these are so wonderful.

Inspiration
Photo Synthesis DT Call Challenge Blog
For this card, I picked up on the colors (kraft, orangey-reds) and the lines the ribbon and window frame create.

(I’m a bit of a rebel, as I doodle a dizzying flight pattern border for my butterfly)
CDAC Embellishment Challenge #2 ~ Dimension
ABC Challenge ~ Z is for Zig Zag
(I went with the zig zag motion of a butterfly in flight for my interpretation).
My Creation


Image Detail

Inside
Ins and Outs ~ Sunflower Sympathy
Stamps: Healing Wings – sentiments (Skipping Stones Design); Sunflower and Paperkite Butterfly from Tiffany Doodles
Paper: DCWV Mariposa, SU Whisper White, Kraft

Ink: Laser Printer, Copics (R05, 08, 24; YR07, 14, 21; E25, 51, 97); SU Basic Black Marker, Chocolate Spica, Gelly Roll Clear Star

Accessories: Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, this is amazing. I love how you incorporated all the challenge requirements into this - a real stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this butterfly image! Thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for joining us on abc this week but as it is not a zig zag card we cannot count it in the draw x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer