Monday, April 19, 2010

Eli's Birthday Card

Here’s one of the cards I made at my hubby’s request. Our friends had a birthday party for their sweet boy, Eli, on Saturday. He recently turned one and we were so happy to help them celebrate. It was a wonderful party amid a very busy weekend of yard work.

I am not one of those people who enjoy digging in the dirt. I'd much rather be in the house crafting! I discovered my flower bed had a large earthworm population that I nearly doubled unintentionally with my shovel. I vaguely remember from High School science that if an earthworm is cut, the two ends become their own little wormy dudes. If that's correct, we'll have a VERY large earthworm city in the front yard. Other then the worms I discovered a slug and some other wiry worm creature, and LOTS of gnats. Not my idea of a good time. I couldn't get into the shower quickly enough! I've got a busy week ahead with a new software training program at work and preparing the house for guests, so my posts may be a bit sporadic. I'm sure I'll find a reason to tidy the studio long enough to make something!

Sketch Inspiration ~ CPS Sketch #162

Color Inspiration
I had to substitute a few of the colors from my stash.
Sassy Cheryl #7 ~ Sassy Cheryl image and the color blue.

Inspiration

My Creation

Image Detail

Inside of Card
INS AND OUTS ~ Eli's Birthday Card
Stamps: Healing Hands Boy (Sassy Cheryl Digi)
Paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey, SU Whisper White
Ink: Copics (W3, E00, 21, 31, 49, 57, Y26, 32, B93, R00), White Gel Pen
Accessories: Buttons, Black Brads

9 comments:

  1. This is is the sweetest! I love how you colored your bear! Awesome card!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Your bear is great.

    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!

    Hugs,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. You did an amazing job on your coloring. Very, very cute~~!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable Cat and you colored him so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week! Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. Love the Loving Hands images!!!Great job and thanks for playing the Sassy Chery's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Cat-just darling! Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable, love the image and your use of the Lime Rickey papers. Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges,

    Anthea & the BG Challenges Team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great image and card, love it!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer