Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For Our ‘Gnomey’ Justin

This is another card made at my hubby’s request. He has a few friends who are enchanted with gnomes, so I knew there’d be no argument with picking up this adorable set from Cornish Heritage Farms. I’m just happy to finally be able to ink it up! Justin is a good friend to my man and we always have a good time when we get together. Game nights are few and far between, but when they happen our foursome spends much of the time laughing.

This set just cries out for paper piecing. I was tempted to add white liquid appliqué to the beard, let it dry and puff it up in the morning with the heat gun. But, since I was making the card at the last minute I didn’t want to risk having it fizzle. I’ve seen others use it and had to buy some, but it’s still safely sealed in the original wrapper. Maybe next time.

Lots of great inspiration to check out and join in!
Sketch Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 21 ~ Super Sketchy Sunday
This is an old sketch as I continue to play catch up.

Inspiration
Distressing: Crafty Creations Challenge #64 ~ Distressing;
The Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge #80 ~ Distressing
I tore the edges of my background paper and the clouds to give it a rougher feel.
Hand Full of Stamps #25 ~ Use Up That Stock of DP
I’ve had this Basic Grey stack for awhile and seldom used it. I need to quit hoarding my supplies and set them free!
365 Cards Day 11 ~ Lovely Landscape
Another catch up at 365 Cards. We were to create a landscape using paper only. The green and blue DPs make PERFECT sky and grass.

My Creation
I took the photos on my front step and apologize if they are a bit over exposed. Still searching for the perfect photo spot.
Image Detail
The tree (including trunk), hat and boots are all paper pieced.
Inside
Very simple, but an added finishing touch.
INS AND OUTS ~ FOR OUR GNOMEY JUSTIN
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms Forest Friendzy
Paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey & Boxer
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics (E00, 50, R00, R27, B39)
Accessories: Pop up dots
Techniques: Paper piecing

1 comment:

  1. Cute as can be!! Fabulous lil scene...thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations this week - hope to see you again! bx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer