Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simple Garden Sympathy

I finally got back to my studio to create a few cards. Unfortunately the theme at the moment is sympathy. Two friends have lost their mother’s in the past week. It was just over six months ago my mother journeyed to heaven. I know all to well the pain of a daughter’s heart at times like these.

The first card I made is very clean and simple. The second will be posted later today.

My Creation

I took elements of the sketch and moved them a bit to better fit my creation.

Inspiration
My brain hasn’t quite made the full shift into spring yet, so I used a fall garden color palette and a simple plant silhouette image.

INS AND OUTS ~ SIMPLE GARDEN SYMPATHY
All supplies except the card base are from Stampin Up. The base is DCWV cardstock.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you have had the need for so many sympathy cards. I do think clean and simple is the way to go with these. Thanks for playing along at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for joing us at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are the hardest cards to have to make. you have done a fantastic job and i love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer