Friday, February 18, 2011

Bee Birthday

I had this cool image (a freebie from Sugar Creek Hollow) colored up and in my stash for awhile. I though it was the perfect focal point for a birthday card for my sweet sister-in-law. She's one of my biggest fans and claims to love everything I make. It means so much to know the recipient of a creation appreciates it. It also makes me a little bit stressed to not lose my mojo! I wouldn't want to dissapoint her. :o)

Sketch Inspiration ~ Pink Gem Challenge #14

Color Inspiration ~ Copic Creations #44 ~ Warm Colors

Inspiration
Charisma Cardz Challenge #7 ~ Spring Has Sprung
365 Cards Day 87 ~ All Natural I used skeleton leaves as accents.
365 Cards Day 272 ~ Recipe
Paper Piercing; Stitching; Button; Die Cuts; 5x5 card; Stick pin; Stamp; Distressing; Dimensional Sticker; Lace
365 Cards Day 319 ~ In Stitches
Use 2 types of stitches ~ I used faux stitching and a simple cross stitch on the button.
365 Cards Day 323 ~ Monday’s Word of the Day: Wisdom
The ancient Egyptians thought the bee to portrayed wisdom.
365 Cards Day 249 ~ Shhh (subtle and muted colors)
Top Tip Tuesday #22 ~ All Stitched Up

My Creation
Image Detail
Colored with Copics and a bit of glossy accents added to the wings.
Ins and Outs ~ Bee Birthday
Stamps: Sugar Creek Hollow Bee Tile
Paper: DCWV, Bazzill, SU Whisper White
Ink: Laser Printer; Copics (E41, 97; G12, 94; Y15, 17; C5); Spicas (Mint, Buttermilk, Peach, Orange)
Accessories: SU Fiber, Pin, Diecut Sticker Flower, Gem, Leaves, Happy Birthday Rub On; Glossy Accents
Techniques: Paper Piercing

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...Love the image and papers...Great take on my sketch...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge..
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring of that fab bee! Great card - she'll love it.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'All Stitched Up' Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty creation! Thanks for joining in with our Springtime challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer