Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Polar Bear's FaLaLa-ing

I'm determined to make Christmas cards throughout the year so I have a nice stash come December 25th. I saw this idea on another blog (I'm so sorry I didn't jot down the creator) and thought it was so cute. I may try a few variations for general winter greetings. The bears are SO easy to create with circle punches or nesties. I didn't have an oval punch for the noses, so I free handed that one. The eyes are drawn on with markers and the black nose is a hole punch.

Inspiration
My Creation


Image Detail
I used Stickles along the edges for 'icy snow' and chalks for shading.
Ins and Outs ~ Polar Bear's FaLaLa-ing
Stamps: None
Paper: SU Whisper White, DCWV
Ink: SU Chalk, Black Marker
Accessories: Cuttlebug Snow Dots Embossing Folder, Misc Metal Word, Circle Nesties, Rub on Silver Paste

7 comments:

  1. Delightful polar bears. Love them. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Cat, I love how you have the cute Polars peering over the snow at the sentiment, which is stunning.....that embossed 'sky' is perfect!!

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr....those bears look cold! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp! LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super bears. Like the sky too. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it.... so fun.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is stunning, thanks for sharing and playing along with us on Rainbow Ladys Challenge this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is so cute, thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer