Friday, February 11, 2011

CAS Cards for Katie

You've probably seen the awesome images several digi artists created to help raise money for a sweet crafter, Katie Renz. I thought the cause was worthy enough to lift my self imposed 'no buying craft stuff until you use what you have' ban. Check out Jak's blog for more info on the images. Today I'm sharing 2 cards I've created with images in Katie's collection. I recently 'found' my set of Kohinor pencils and gave them a try on Kraft paper. I'm in love! I seldom us kraft since I mainly color with Copics and I get frustrated trying to figure out which colors to use. I really like how the colored pencils pop. I tried blending them and didn't like the result, so it's just basic coloring on these.

Sketch Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 340 ~ White Space

Inspiration
365 Cards Day 342 ~ Scraplift a 365-er I spied Lisa’s cute Bliss card on the 365 Card blog and was inspired by her CAS style and the use of Kraft paper (not something I’m that familiar with, but excited to learn). You can see Lisa’s card here.
My Creation

Here's the second card I made using a different Help for Katie image.
Sketch Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 283 ~ White Space


Color Inspiration ~ Stamping 411 Color Challenge #150
I added glitter accents to the corner of my image panel to follow the sketch.
Ins and Outs ~ Magnolia Sympathy
Stamps: Magnolia (Just Inklined); Doodle Pantry Verses
Paper: BG Origins; Kraft
Ink: Laser Printer; Kohinor Colored Pencils
Accessories: Pop Up Dots
Ins and Outs ~ Love Swing
Stamps: Make It Crafty Katie’s Love Swing
Paper: Kraft, DCWV
Ink: Laser Printer; Kohinor Colored Pencils
Accessories: MS Glitter; Clearsnap Design Adhesives, Sticker Verse

12 comments:

  1. A lovely card - thank you so much for joining us this week on ABC

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card with fab colors!
    Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!
    /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of your cards are amazing! thanks for taking the challenge at EAD Designs!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are beautiful. I especially love the swing, your colouring is amazing.
    Thanks for joining in with the ABC challenge.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the ABC Neutrals Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for playing with us on the EAD challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya
    fabulous card, luv the image,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the soft color palette of the second card. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your card with all the solft colors.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC-Challengeblog! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sympathy cards are always hard to make, but yours is beautiful. :) Thank you so much for playing along in the EAD color challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cat

    this is beautiful I just love the bench and colours, thanks for joining us at tpc

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty cards! Thanks for playing with us at EAD Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer