Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. Gears

Wahoo! Today is Mr. Gears birthday! I am truly blessed to have such a kind hearted and supportive husband. He encourages and appreciates my crafting and I am always thrilled to tag along and support his hobbies. A few years ago he joined the Shriner Funsters and we've both had a ball spreading good will. Mr. Gears is ramping up for the circus in 3 weeks. The Funsters volunteer during the event mingling with the public before the shows. They also perform a short skit during intermission. I was able to attend last year and hope to do the same this year. I found these great images form Rick St.Dennis and knew they'd be perfect for my sweetie.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch #123
Inspiration
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #122 ~ Photo Inspiration
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #57 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Challenge…..Anything Goes
365 Cards Day 29 ~ Signature Sentiment
My favorite expression is WAHOOOOOOOO, just check out my license plates.
365 Cards Day 51 ~ Card Recipe: 4x4 card; Twine; 3 Buttons; Stamped image; 1 piece of patterned paper; Sentiment Sorry Pam, but I made sure I had everything on the card and when I was done I realized it was the wrong size. Since this is a REALLY old challenge I’m going to go with the 5 out of 6 majority so I can cross it off my list. :o)
365 Cards Day 161 ~ My Beautiful Balloon
Raise the Bar Challenge #77 ~ Hat’s Off
Speedy the Cat’s Friends Challenge #75 ~ Polka Dots
My Creation
Image Detail
Ins and Outs ~ Happy Birthday Mr. Gears
Stamps: Rick St. Dennis Clown Sheet
Paper: Kraft, DCWV All About Boys Stack
Ink: Kohinohr Colored Pencils
Accessories: Pom Poms, Buttons, Bakers Twine

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cat :-) I am sure your hubby will love this !! the image is adorable and the button balloons and papers are perfect :-)


    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat what an adorable card. The clown is sooooo cute. Great design. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! How cute. What a fun card. Love how you used the buttons for the balloons.
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, how cute!!! Just love how you made your clown and how clever to use buttons for balloons! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, you are such a great supporter and I love seeing your creations!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fun card. Thank you fo rjoining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x
    GDT CRAFT for September

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubby must have a fantastic personality and you are both lucky to have each other! Thanks for playing with us over at Raise the Bar and sharing your extra special card with us, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a great circus clown card! Just love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so positively adorable. Love how creative you got with the balloon element. So fun and fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's "Dots" Challenge. It is a delight to come visit to see what you made for our viewing pleasure. Good luck in the drawing and to come back next week to see what you cooked up for our next challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Cat, what a great post today! My sister works for Shriners in Hawaii, so this touches my heart. Beautiful tribute to Mr.Gears with this card! Thank you for joining in on our Hats Off challenge at Raise The Bar this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer