Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pop-Up Sympathy Card

This card was from a card class with my Stampin Up friend Karen. She always has great ideas and when the two of us get our creativity flowing together, it's always a fun time. This is a bit different than my typical sympathy card. I always associate butterflies with my loved ones who have taken flight to their heavenly homes. While I miss them immensely, I am also excited for the day when I see them again. I kept the colors and overall feel 'lighter' for this card.

Sketch Inspiration ~ 365 Cards Day 77 ~ White Space
 Inspiration
My Creation
Image Detail
Inside
Ins and Outs ~ Pop Up Sympathy
Stamps: SU Inspired By Nature (grass), Clearly for You (butterfly), Warmest Regard (verse)
Paper: SU Whisper White, DP
Ink: SU Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist
Accessories: SUScalloped Oval, Scalloped Border); Dazzling Diamonds; Crystal Effects
Techniques: Pop Up

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and such a lovely thought I have always loved butterflies and think I will adopt your association of them
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat
    A beautiful card love the butterflies thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card, really pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Luv the 3D effect. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with lovely 3D effects. Stunningly simple. Love it. Thanks for sharing with ut in our Sympathy challenge at OLL this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, soft and serene card Cat.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a beautiful sympathy card Cat! Really lovely and unusual and I love your association with butterflies and loved ones :)

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at Ooh La La this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card,love the butterflies.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and delicate card. Thank you so much for sharing your Sympathy creation with us at Ooh La la, we hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, Thanks for joining us at OLLCB this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer