Sunday, November 29, 2009

Justin Big Brother Gift & Card

I had lots of fun making name frames for gifts over the past few weeks. I made a set for two special children on my husband's side of the family. I met their parents (dad is first cousins to hubby) at our wedding four years ago and can't wait for Christmas when we will travel to see them again. Since our last encounter, they've welcomed Justin and Emily to their family. Here's the gift I made for Emily. This post shows what big brother Justin will receive. Some of the challenges that inpired me have closed, but they were perfect for what I needed. Just goes to show you how the inspiration still continues even after the deadlines. Hmm, or does it just show that I'm running a bit behind? :o) (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).

The Gift:
Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Sketch #27
Once again, I flipped the awesome sketch from the midnight madness team for my project.


Inspiration
You are certainly seeing stars with this one!

My Creation


The Card:
Sketch Inspiration ~ Get Sketchy #13


Inspiration
365 Cards Day 250 ~ Marvelous Mondrian (inspired by this artist, Piet Mondrian)
I choose this super cool piece, that just HAPPENED to fall into the sketch theme.


My Creation

 
INS AND OUTS ~ Justin Big Brother Gift
Challenges:
Midnight Madness Sketch #27
365 Cards Day 165 ~ Shape Up: Star
Paper: A Boy’s World Page Kit (The Paper Studio)
Accessories: Chipboard Letters (The Paper Studio)
INS AND OUTS ~ Card for Justin
Challenges:
Get Sketchy #13
365 Cards Day 250 ~ Marvelous Mondrian
Cute Card Thursday #88 ~ Snips, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
Pals Paper Arts #18 ~ KISS
Paper: DCWV Fun in the Sun, A Boy’s World Page Kit (The Paper Studio)
Accessories: A Boy’s World Page Kit (The Paper Studio)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects! I love the layout for the card. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic gift!! and your card is awesome :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer