Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Midnight Madness for Emily

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I'm behind on some gifts. I just finished 2 baby gifts for siblings (one is 2 years old and this little girl is 6 months). I love creating name frames as gifts and had lots of fun blinging this one up for a little girl. I don't know if this will count for the Midnight Madness Challenge since it's not a card, but the sketch was perfect for Emily's gift.

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness #28
The extra challenge was to create a holiday creation, but I didn't fulfill that option.



I didn't use any lace on this creation, but the song just evokes the picture of this adorable litle girl and her pretty face!
My Creation

Close Up Details
Am I the only person who sees something totally not craft related and finds a way to incorporate it into a project? See those cute metal 'ribbons' and rhinestone flowers? They were in the clearance bin on the fabric side of Joanns. They were sold as a set to be dress/bra straps! I was thrilled to snap them up for $3.97 and immediately thought of usng them for a name frame or scrapbook layout.



INS AND OUTS ~ Midnight Madness for Emily
Paper: DCWV Rockstar, Glitter and Spring Stacks
Accessories: Gems (The Paper Studio), WalMart Frame, Fashion Straps (Dritz)

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't have to be a card - this is a wonderful name frame. I am sure the recipient will really love it. What a clever idea to use those bra strap items on your card. I make these for my Grandchildren too but not a nice as these!! The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks you for playing in our challenge.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. In case you didn't notice, my Design Team Entry was not a card. It was a framed Gingerbread Village. You don't have to make a card, you can use the sketch to be inspired to do anything! This is just fabulous....I think we are kindred spirits. This is a wonderful gift and is sure to be a treasured keepsake. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. I am thrilled to stop by and be inspired by your work.

    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. what font did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is my name :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer