Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reyes Wedding Gift

I was on a roll creating wedding and baby gifts this past week. Finally have a moment to get them all posted. Still need to make a few cards to match up with the gifts, but that should be fairly easy. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).

Sketch Inspiration ~ Midnight Madness Week Sketch #14
I flipped the sketch and used a horizontal ‘grounding’ element behind the letters instead of a vertical.


Inspiration
So is this cheating? My creation IS a sign! I’m still working to get caught up at 365. It’s a real challenge!

My Creation
I used DCWV Glitter and Shimmer cardstock to mat the letters.

 
Image Detail
TIP ~ I used Stampin Up Hodgepodge Hardware as accents. The brushed silver heart charms are from the wedding supplies section of the craft store. I got a bag of 8 charms for $1.99 (actually half off because of a sale). My best tip to crafters is to check out all areas of your favorite stores. Ribbon is typically cheaper in the fabric and wedding departments than the paper crafting area. Plus, you can find cool charms like these at a fraction of the price.



INS AND OUTS ~ Reyes Wedding Gift
Challenges:
Midnight Madness Week Sketch #14
365 Cards Day 158 ~ What’s Your Sign?
Paper: DCWV Shimmer and Glitter Stacks, Close to My Heart Designer Paper
Ink: Copic R39, Silver Marker
Accessories: Walmart Frame, K & Company Chipboard Alphabet, Stampin Up Ribbon, Stampin Up Hodgepodge Hardware, Dress it Up Heart Wedding Favors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer