Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bridal Shower Card

I apologize for not having all the Ins and Outs for this card, but the majority of the supplies came from S A B I S (Snips and Bits I’ve Saved). I need a card for a coworker’s bridal shower this week. I couldn’t think of any applicable stamps and then I found this cutie in my image stash. Thankfully I had 2 images on hand. My Copic ‘blobbed out’ when I was coloring her shirt; a big green splotch bleeding across her sweet face. Ugh. I was so happy I received 2 images in the swap! I added a bit of sparkle with an Olive Spica to the umbrella dots and added ‘bling’ raindrops. I was trying to figure out how to add a scallop for the 365 Cards challenge when I realized the umbrella edge makes an inverted scallop ~ perfect! Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites.
Inspiration
The Sketch
My Card
Detail
INS AND OUTS ~ Bridal Shower Card Challenges: Colour Create Challenge #15 ~ Blue and Green The Pink Elephant Challenge #14 ~ Light Blue, Medium or Dark Blue, Green & White The Sweet Sunday Sketch #17 365 Cards #73 ~ Circles, Scallop & Bling Stamps: Willow with Umbrella (Whiff of Joy) Paper: S A B I S (Snips and Bits I’ve Saved) Ink: Copics (BG10, B41, E00, B24, B39), SU Markers (Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery) Spica (Olive)
Accessories: Pearl Brads, Ribbon, and Gems (all S A B I S), Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute, what adorable raindrops!!
    Lovin' this one.
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a beautiful card - the image is just wonderful and I love the colour shades you have combined.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! Thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, I love that the scallops are on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card! I love the rhinestones as raindrops in her hand, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card....beautiful image and coloured perfectly! Thanks for playing our colour challenge at TPE this week....fab work :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love the raindrops and the colour combo/

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So So Cute!!! job well done!!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer