Friday, May 22, 2009

Two Tickled Pink Graduations

I’m starting to really like this size of card base (5.5”x5.5”), There are so many great sketches out there for square cards and these work perfectly. I should fess up to one of my short cuts. The majority of my card bases are from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View). They sell boxes of cards (with envelopes) in standard size and this larger size. Most are assorted solid colors; but the line also includes patterns, decorative edges and embossed panels. They make it so quick to pull together a card since I don’t have to cut down a sheet of cardstock. I love using their mat stacks (perfect size for cards) and the colors always coordinate with the card bases. I only buy the boxes when they are on sale or if I have a 40% off coupon (Joanns, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby all carry the cards). The other reason I love the blank cards is because even if the outside is colored/patterned the inside is white. This means I can stamp a verse right on the base without adding a piece of CS (if the color is too dark). The white also looks great when I decorate the inside of the card with the scraps of decorative paper. One feature is a positive and a negative. The cardstock is textured on the colored/patterned side. This is great if you want some extra texture, but makes it tricky to stamp directly on the cardstock. Now that I’ve blabbed on and on, let me show you my first card (scroll down as there’s another card within this post). (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Sketch #1
Color Challenge
Black, White + 1 Other Color (I pick PINK)
My Card
Verse Detail
Inside of Card
INS AND OUTS ~ Two Tickled Pink Graduations – Graduate Verse Challenges: Friday Sketchers #52 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge #14 ~ Black, White + 1 more color Stamps: Graduate Calligraphy (Paper Inspirations), ConGRADulations (Stampendous) Paper: DCWV, PTI White, Graduation Pad & Gunmetal (The Paper Company), K&Company Die Cut Flower Ink: Memento Lady Bug
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Mega Rectangles, Ribbon from Wal-Mart, Pop Up Dots
Here’s take 2 of my girly graduation cards. I love the black, white and pink combo. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
The Sketch
Color Challenge Black, White + 1 Other Color (I pick PINK) My Card
Image Detail Oh my goodness, I think I forgot to add some Spica Sparkle to her! I'll need to remedy that before I mail her out. INS AND OUTS ~ Two Tickled Pink Graduations – House Mouse Challenges: House Mouse & Friends #3 ~ Sketch 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge #14 ~ Black, White + 1 more color Stamps: House Mouse – The Graduate (Stampendous) Paper: DCWV (Glitter Stack), PTI White, Bazzil Pink Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (C1, C3, BG10, R81, RV14, E00, E02, E31, YR21)Accessories: Gem Brads (S A B I S – Snips and Bits I’ve Saved)

4 comments:

  1. These are terrific graduation cards. I sometimes like the square card shape myself. You did a great job with both sketch challenges.

    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog about my cat's surgery. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with lots and lots of cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone mention lots of cats? We have, um, quite a few....

    >^..^<

    Love the mouse graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, both equally creative. Great color combos, layouts and embellies! Keep on stampin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS!! You are on a roll, Girlfriend!!! These are both awesome graduation cards! Thanks for participating again....and again!! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer