Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Asian Quilt

I’m still loving my new set of stamps from Simon Says Stamps. I thought they’d work perfect for a ‘quilt’ style card and the sketch at Stamps, Paper, Glitter sparked my creativity. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun). Remember to check out the EXCLUSIVE stamps sets from Simon Says Stamp here. For this card I used the Magnificent Asian Backgrounds set.
Colors ~ 365 Cards
Inspiration ABC Challenge ~ F was for flower & Q is for Quilted Gina K Stamp TV ~ Quilting My Card

I wasn’t sure how the colors would work out, but I think I did okay. Had I chosen pastel versions of the colors I’m sure the card would have a completely different feel. I kept things very simple and just stamped (can you believe I didn’t add ANY glitz, sparkle or bling) the images and pieced everything together.

Card Detail

INS AND OUTS ~ Asian Quilt Challenges: Stamps Paper Glitter Thursday Challenge #16 365 Cards Day 95 ~ Wacky Color Wednesday – Blue, Pink and Orange ABC Challenge ~ Q is for Quilted, f was for flower Gina K Stamp TV Potluck Friday Challenge ~ Quilting Stamps: Magnificent Asian Background (Simon Says Stamp) Paper: DCWV, PTI White Ink: Memento Rose Bud and Paris Dusk Accessories: Chipboard Sentiment (Colorbok), Twill Ribbon (Colorbok)

1 comment:

  1. Cat, This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for taking the time to share and post! COOL IDEA!
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer