Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Asian Wedding and a Major WAHOOO

Okay, I’ve been sitting on some ‘official’ news for a few weeks, although you may have noticed a certain ‘blinkie’ on the side of my blog. I’m on a Design Team!!!! I am so excited, and honored, to join the super talented crew at Simon Says Stamp . I originally ‘bumped’ into Heidi while shopping around the ‘Bay and was so excited when she launched a Challenge Blog in addition to her regular store blog. If you’ve never been to her store, grab a cup of your favorite beverage and start to browse. She carries a phenomenal amount of items from the top craft companies. The prices are great and she often generously sponsors prizes on the plethora of challenge blogs out there. The shipping rates are the best I’ve seen online (for US and international). Her service is superb and everyone I’ve dealt with has just made me feel warm and fuzzy. One of the best things about Simon Says Stamp is they have their own CUSTOM line of stamps! There are sets to fit every crafter and the quality is top notch. I am thrilled to be a member of their team. This card uses 2 of their newly released clear stamp sets. Oh Happy Day Asian Flair and Magnificent Asian Backgrounds.
I used Taylor’s great sketch for inspiration.
I loaded up my acyclic block with several of the stamps in the Magnificient Asian Backgrounds set and stamped on my blue card base. I used the man and woman from Oh Happy Day Asian Flair as my main image. For the life of me, I couldn’t find any Asian themed paper in my stash. I scoured the craft stores for the Die Cuts With a View Far East Stack, but no one had it. I finally found origami paper at Michael’s that worked. It’s a great value and the pack has several designs and colors. I know I’ll use them for many more projects. The paper is quite thin, but I like that it doesn’t add too much bulk to the card. I tend to pile on the layers and embellishments, so anything that adds some ‘bang’ without pushing the card past the First Class postage limit, is a plus.
My Card I thought the couple looked like a happy bride and groom.
Image Detail
I paper pieced the outfits with more origami paper. Now that I look at the man, he looks like he’s wearing an Elvis styled jump suit! LOL. Oh well, Elvis is one of my favorite musicians and is associated with lots of Vegas weddings.
Inside of Card
Thanks for checking out my card and head over to Simon Says Stamp and check out the great products!
INS AND OUTS ~ Asian Wedding Challenges: Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #70 Stamps: Magnificent Asian Backgrounds (Simon Says Stamp), Oh Happy Day Asian Flair (Simon Says Stamp), Boxes, Bags & Tags (PaperTrey Ink), Borders, Corners & Monogram Mini (PaperTrey Ink), Everyday Classics (PaperTrey Ink) Paper: DCWV (Spring and Glitter), PTI White, Origami Paper (Michael’s) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Paris Dusk, Memento Summer Sky, Copics (100, C1, C3, R81, YR21, BG10), Spicas (Clear, Gold, Lavender)
Accessories: Pop Up Dots, Creative Memories Circle Punch, Black Diamond Stickles

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Oh my...Great Card!!! I LOVE those images ...HAVE to have them!!!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new DT job!! You did a great job with these cute stamps, just adorable!

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your card is beautiful! I'll look foward to seeing more of your creations! Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cat :-) The images are lovely and the papers you used are just perfect !

    I LOVE your sense of humour too and really laughed at the 'Elvis' bit ! lol I don't think I'll ever see him in the same light again lol :-)
    Welcome to the team :-)

    Lorraine x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the DT :) Love your card, those stamps are definately in the "must buy list" lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer