Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FixaFella Father’s Day

It was so fun to get back to crafting after a few days away. I enjoyed seeing family and friends but my brain kept seeing card ideas everywhere I looked! This card uses one of the images I colored on the road. I was able to introduce my sister-in-law to Copics and Spicas and give a very brief tutorial. I think my brother-in-laws just thought I was flashing back to my youth since I sat coloring while everyone else chatted. Oh well, if they haven’t figured out I’m a bit ‘unique’ by now, it’s time they did. LOL I received the image in a swap and this is my ‘first’ Bella Fella to play with. I love the image and thought he’d be perfect for a handyman type of Father’s Day card. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Inspiration Cards for Dad with Hardware ~ 3 Clovers One for Dad ~ Corrosive Challenge ABC Challenges ~ M was for metallic, m was for male, e was for embellishments and b was for brads I don’t usually like to combine multiple challenges from the same blog, but it’s going to take me a LONG time to work through all the previous challenges on ABC. I’d better lump in what I can if I want to meet my goal! My Card Image Detail
I love this image from Stamping Bella but wish it were a bit more realistic to the men in my life. Now if this handy fella was balding with a bit of a pot belly he'd really look like the dads I'm making cards for! Notice the brads look like screw heads (flat and phillips are represented). INS AND OUTS ~ FixaFella Father’s Day Challenges: Stamps & Smiles ~ Sketch 18 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge #16 ~ Card for Dad and use Hardware Corrosive Challenge #15 – One for Dad ABC Challenge ~ M was for metallic, m was for male, e was for embellishments & b was for brads Stamps: FixaFella (Stamping Bella) Paper: White (Unknown – from a swap), DCWV and Basic Grey (Two Scoops) Ink: Black (Unknown – from a swap), Copics (C1, C5, E00, E31, E37, Y11, Y15, R29, B21, B24, Blender), Galaxy Marker (Mercury Silver) Accessories: Brads and Arrows (Oriental Trading Company)

8 comments:

  1. those brads are amazing. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this card is great! I love the brads and the arrows rock!! clever!
    thanks for playing!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the CUTEST!! Love love love him!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Smiles this week!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this? LOVE the fun design and image Cat!!

    Thanks for playing along with us each week!
    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love the brads you've use and your colouring is fab :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I am loving on those brads. Very cool. Way to cover so many challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at Corrosive Challenge Blog.
    Hugs to you, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love the hardware! I adore this card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! sorry it has taken me so long to stop in to view your challenge card...glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer