Friday, June 19, 2009

Tri-Shutter Father’s Day from the Fur Babies

I have a good friend who is animal crazy as I am. She currently lives with 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 ‘sister cats’ (her mother recently moved in with her and brought her 2 babies). She asked me to make a Father’s Day card for her hubby from the furry babies (they do have 2 adult ‘human’ children, but they are on their own to impress Dad). She let me use her Basset Hound stamp since I didn't have any. The only 'kids' pictured are Boogity (the dog), Roxy (grey cat) and Butch (orange cat). I’ve wanted to try the tri-shutter technique for awhile and when CCEE issued the challenge, I dove in. My template turned out perfectly, but for some reason I had issues with the actual cardstock. Thankfully I covered the base with other DP so you can’t see all my ‘re-folds’. I think the Scor-Pal/Scor-It needs to move up on my wish list. My bone folder and ruler just didn’t give me the best results. That being said, I still love the card. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
This will be in several photos so you can see the ‘progression’ as the card is opened.
I used my Father Calligraphy stamp for the front image. You may have seen this stamp with the complete verse running along the right side of Father. I did the tape trick to ‘mask’ that out. You just take a strip of regular tape and cover the part of a stamp you don’t want to see (sticky side on the rubber). Ink up the stamp (the tape will be inked as well) and the PULL off the tape before stamping on paper. VOILA!
There's a great tutorial over on www.splitcoaststampers.com. The final card looks lots harder than it really is. A scoring mat would make it MUCH easier (at least for me), but it can be done the old fashioned way.
INS AND OUTS ~ Tri-Shutter Father’s Day from the Fur Babies Challenges: SCS Try a New Technique – Tri Shutter Card CCEE Challenge Stamps: The Cat’s Meow (H&M Stamps), Father Calligraphy (Paper Inspirations), Basset Hound (Unknown) Paper: DCWV (Pets Stack), PTI White Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Tea Dye, Copics (E00, E04, E11, C3, C5, R81, YR04, YR65) Accessories: Paw Print Ribbon (Ribbon Fx – Hobby Lobby)(S A B I S – Snips and Bits I’ve Saved)

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer