Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Four Seasons

This was REALLY challenging as I wasn’t sure how to incorporate all four seasons in one card. I thought about cheating and pretending I lived in southern Texas or Florida where just about all their seasons are sunny and warm. :o) Then I remembered this set from My Favorite Things and breathed a bit easier. Still had to futz quite a bit and the first take on the card was trashed. (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Sketch Inspiration ~Sweet Sunday Sketch 24 I used a square instead of a circle for my image, but otherwise stayed true to the sketch.
Inspiration 365 Cards 121 ~ Four Seasons (incorporate all 4 seasons in your card) My Creation
Image Detail I popped up 2 of my trees and added Sepia accents to the bark.
Inside SUPER simple sentiment.
INS AND OUTS ~ Four Seasons Challenges: Sweet Sunday Sketch 24 365 Cards 121 ~ Four Seasons (incorporate all 4 seasons in your card) Stamps: Branch Out (My Favorite Things), Clear Stamps by Studio G (sentiment) Paper: DCWV, Neenah Classic Solar White Ink: Memento (Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Angel Pink, Rich Cocoa), Tea Dye Distress (Ranger), Spicas (Pink, Clear, Gold, Melon), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials) Accessories: Pop Up Dots, Sepia Accents

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the little branches going through all the seasons. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to show the seasons! I like the glossy look of the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's awesome! And you cannot cheat. I DO live where we have one season and I didn't cheat. And I'm the queen of challenge cheating! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer