Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday Chef

You may recall my recent wedding card using this image earlier in the week. Since I had it out, I figured I’d make a birthday themed card. As I mentioned, I work closely with an R&D test kitchen so I can always use a ‘food’ themed card. Not sure who will receive this, but I tried to stay somewhat gender neutral. The colors are good, but does the ‘bling’ make it too feminine? (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Sketch Inspiration ~ Sketch Saturday #56
Color Inspiration ~ Color Inspiration #55 My Creation Image Detail I added lots of Spica highlights and a bit of Sepia Accents to the cake and patterned background paper.
Inside
INS AND OUTS ~ Birthday Chef Challenges: Sketch Saturday #56 Color Inspiration #55 Stamps: Voila (Stampin Up), All-About-Birthdays (H&M Stamps) Paper: DCWV Green Stack, PTI White Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog, Copics (C1, C3, E00, E17, Y26, YR21), Spicas (Gold, Silver, Black, Clear), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials)
Accessories: Crystal Stickers (Mark Richards), Droplets (Kaiser Scrapbook), Martha Stewart Cornice Edge Punch, Sepia Accents (Ranger), Word Window Punch (Stampin Up), Pop Up Dots

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you worked with that sketch! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card! I love your coloring of the chef!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer