Wednesday, June 10, 2009

House Mouse Wedding Anniversary

Okay, I know this looks like a wedding card, but it’s really an anniversary card. I had a request for another mouse themed card using this stamp. I was happy to oblige and fit in a few challenges. I was SO excited to play with some embellishments I got at Simon Says Stamp. Check them out and if you have any tips or suggestions on them, please let me know! (Please see the Ins and Outs for links to the challenge websites and feel free to join in the fun).
Inspiration 365 Cards 98 ~ White Anniversary House Mouse & Friends #19 ~ Embossing (The card base is embossed) ABC Challenge ~ A was for Anniversary My Card
The base is a white embossed DCWV card.
The photo makes it look not quite as ‘white’ as real life.
As I mentioned, I had some new embellishments from Simon Says Stamp DT package I had yet to try. The first was a set of Metallic Rub Ons . Have you seen this stuff? It's really cool and you can get your fingers dirty (at least the easiest way I found to use it on my card). The Metallic Rub Ons (there are a different color sets) look like a kid’s tray of paint, but are actually metallic ‘paste’. I wiped my finger across the paste and then rubbed over the raised embossing on my card. I used the silver first and then added a light 'rub' of the gold. Isn't it pretty? The other new product I've seen on lots of blogs and have been anxious to try is Flower Soft. It also comes in lots of colors (I have HEATHER). Heidi carries a few mini jars in her store so you can try it out for only a few bucks. A little goes a long way so don't fret about not having enough.
I used a liquid glue pen (SU's 2 Way Glue) to add a layer of adhesive to my bride's bouquet. I don't what the product is actually made of, but it's not 'soft' to the touch (just looks so in photos). I used a tweezers to apply the Flower Soft. I found this easier than my fingers since I suffer from 'fat finger syndrome' and had a huge mess of flower pieces on my desk when I tried to do so (the first time). The tweezers gave me better control for placement and quantity. You need to have a good glue base and gently press the pieces into the glue or you'll end up with 'splotchy' flowers. Of course, if that's what you are going for, now you know the trick! Here's a ZOOM of the bouquet.
I kept my coloring very 'soft' since the goal was to end up with a white themed card. I just outline the couple's clothing with a a pale COPIC color and used the blender pen to fade the edges. Of course, I could use a Clear Spica to add some sparkle! I covered her veil in sparkle and added some to the flower stems.
INS AND OUTS ~ House Mouse Wedding Anniversary Challenges: 365 Cards 98 ~ It’s An Anniversary + Make the dominant color white House Mouse & Friends #19 ~ Embossing ABC Challenge ~ A was for Anniversary Stamps: House Mouse – Playing Dress Up (Stampabilities) Paper: DCWV, PTI White, The Paper Company (Gunmetal) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (C1, E00, E31, R81, BG10), Spicas (Clear, Black, Melon), White Opaque Pen (Inkssentials)
Accessories: Metallic Rub Ons (Silver and Gold); Flower Soft (Heather)

1 comment:

  1. This card is adorable! The flowers are perfect .. I love them. Very nicely done and great job on the challenge. Keep on stampin' on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer